Saturday, March 12, 2011

XXL FRESHMAN CLASSES

Over the past few years the XXL magazine has done a “best of the best” young and up and coming rappers … During the times that these magazines came out people was like who and the hell are these people… Just by looking at these lists I am still saying WHO THE HELL ARE YOU??? There are a few that I can say I’ve heard and I kinda dig the music. Mind you I still ain’t heard all of them…. I will try to hear all of them but I will write something tho. Also if you feel that there is someone or is there a group that should be placed on each list fill free to add. But here is the list of each class since 2008:


XXL Freshman Class 2008: Lil’ Boosie, Lupe Fiasco, Saigon, Rich Boy, Plies, Gorilla Zoe, Young Dro, Joell Ortiz, Papoose, Crooked I (seniors)


XXL Freshman Class 2009: Ace Hood, Curren$y, Kid Cudi, WALE, B.O.B, Asher Roth Charles Hamilton, Cory Gunz, Blu, Mickey Factz (juniors)


XXL Freshman Class 2010: J.Cole, Pill, Nipsey Hu$$le, Wiz khalifa, OJ Da Juiceman, Freddie Gibbs, BIG Sean, Jay Rock, Fashawn, Donnis (sophomores)


XXL Freshman Class 2011: Meek Mill, Big K.R.I.T., CyHi Da Prince, Lil Twist, Yelawolf, Fred the Godson, Mac Miller, YG, Lil B, Kendrick Lamar, Diggy Simmons

Just by looking at each list which is/was the strongest class??? Is there a strong class??? Who is the weakest “freshmen” out of these classes??? Who is the best “freshman”??? Which “freshman” is most likely to succeed??? You know what I’m getting at… Let me know…

In my personally opinion I feel that the class of 09 and 10 might have the best talent of all the classes with Cudi, Wale, B.O.B, J.Cole, Wiz, and BIG Sean. These cats (to me) well be around for a looooooong time… Maybe because I can relate to them I don’t know but from what I hear from different people they will and they have people (mentors) behind them to make sure that they will do so… From Jay-Z to Ye to Snoop Dogg… You can’t beat that.

Lupe Fiasco should be in a class all by him self… and that’s all I'm gonna say about that… hahahahaha be he better watch out for Diggy Wale, B.O.B and J.Cole because them young cats is right on his heels… But with the recent release of LASERS… he may have a strong hold on the Class President…

I do see a couple CLOWNS on these lists too ummmmm Lil B… OJ da Juiceman…. Shit Waka Flocka is better them him…But that ain’t saying too much tho… Like I said CLOWNS so I'm not gonna talk about that to much…

There are a some cats that I feel may surprise a few people like Big K.R.I.T… his mixtape “KRIT Wuz Here” is fire… that’s a must listen and Meek Mill the songs that I heard him on I was very impressed by his skills maybe the next Beanie??? I dunno time will tell and signing wit Rick Ross will help….

Now I am kinda happy to see that there are three “minority” rappers on the list as well… Asher Roth, Yelawolf, and Mac Miller… do we have the next Eminem or are they Vanilla Ice… I dunno Asher Roth is dope to me his LP Asleep in the Bread Aisle was cool but his features might be a little better to me… Yelawolf might have a advantage over all of them just because he is signed to Em’s label and Mac Miller is the “new kid on the block” so we will wait on him but so far he aight in my Martin voice…

I hope you got to see my insight on the rap game… because I wanna get it back to what it used to be… FUNKY FUNKY BEATS and hot Rhymes… hahaha

This is only my opinion and the views that you might have may not be the same as mine but fuck it… this is my blog fool… hahaha but I hope you enjoyed what I wrote and please comment if you may… I'm OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment